While managing and motivating a production crew, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of his/her crew's performance, including but not limited to: safety, quality, production, and training.
- Assigns workers to work stations to meet production requirements. Interprets process specifications for workers.
- Monitors production and adjusts work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Operate, adjust, troubleshoot, and repairs various production machines.
- Refers extensive machine repairs to maintenance personnel.
- Confers with Managers and Maintenance to receive instructions and exchange production information.
- Trains workers in equipment operation.
- B.A. or equivalent from a four-year college; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills along with a sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Some mechanical aptitude is required, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Manufacturing experience and knowledge of lean manufacturing process principles preferred.
- Self-motivated and a good leader that has a strong personal commitment to becoming a great leader.
- Must be ready and available to work all shifts.