ON-THE-JOB Training and potential for ADVANCEMENT!
Competitive Compensation Package with growth based on performance. Excellent Benefits include:
Medical - Dental - Vision - Life insurance - 401(k) - Flexible Vacation -
9 Paid Holidays - Tuition Reimbursement - Scholarship Tuition Program
JELD-WEN, a leading manufacturer of windows and doors, has an immediate oprening for Customer Care Field Technician Apprentice. As a member of our Customer Care team you will work directly with a Field Service Technician to perform chargeable and warranty repairs on JELD-WEN products installed in residential and commercial structures.
Successful candidates will be enrolled in our certification program that will include all necessary training and provide periodic assessments to ensure you are on track to becoming a fully qualified Field Service Technician.
This position may require occasional overnight travel; up to 20%, and may include work hours in excess to the standard 40 hour work week during peak seasons including the potential of working weekends. Ideal candidates will also be willing to relocate to accept a Field Service Technician position once fully qualified.
Provide daily assistance to Field Service Technicians supporting JELD-WEN products in the field including:
- Provide daily assistance to Field Service Technicians supporting JELD-WEN products in the field including:
- Troubleshooting product and/or construction related issues.
- Performing repairs on products that may involve climbing ladders, use of scaffolding, handling glass and heaving lifting.
- Producing high-quality, fact-based, technical reports.
- Achieve all certification levels necessary to become a fully qualified Field Service Technician.
- Deliver world-class service and maintain the highest level of professionalism during all customer interactions.
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s License and good driving record
- Prior experience in residential or retail customer service in similar industry is desirable
- Basic computer skills
- Pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Pass “Fit for Duty” screening exam
- Complete Technical Aptitude Assessment online.
- Ability to work at heights on ladders and scaffolding (up to 30 ft.) and lift up to 75lbs.